~ ATTENTION VISITORS TO UNION STATION ~
Union Station is closed between the hours of 1:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m.
The restoration of Union Station and the creation of the Transportation Center represent a major renewal effort in the downtown neighborhood. The building was rededicated in 1987 and updated to include a CTtransit Bus Center in 2014. It is now fully functional as a complete transportation hub with rail, bus and taxi services, and commuter support services.
If you have questions or concerns about Union Station, please call (860) 247-5329 Ext. 3016. In the event of an emergency, dial 911
HARTFORD UNION STATION
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Hartford Union Station is owned and operated by the Greater Hartford Transit District. The following depicts the rules of Conduct for Union Station.
NO PERSON(S) IN OR ON THE GROUNDS OF UNION STATION SHALL:
- Leave bags or packages unattended. The public should report unattended bags or packages to security. Do not accept or agree to supervise bags from any unknown person(s).
- Block free movement of another person or persons into and out of a store or any other Station entrance/exit, sit or lie on the floor, occupy more than one seat, lie on benches, or block vertical transportation such as staircases, elevators and ramps.
- Solicit or panhandle, handbill, leaflet, demonstrate or petition on Union Station premises.
- Smoke inside Union Station. Union Station is a Smoke-Free Facility.
- Create any unreasonable noise by any means. Use of radios and other sound-producing devices must be accomplished by means of headphones or earphones and must be inaudible to others.
- Drink any alcoholic beverage or possess any opened or unsealed container of alcoholic beverage, except in premises or areas allowing the sale or consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Use any controlled substance.
- Enter or remain in the Station, or on the trains, or by Station entrances while his or her ability to function safely in the environment of the Station or train is impaired by the consumption of alcohol or by the taking of any controlled substance.
- Endanger the safety of others, engage in fighting, assault another person or persons or threaten another person with such conduct.
- Bring inflated balloons, signs, laser pointers or wear masks or make up to disguise identity in Union Station.
- Vandalize, injure, deface, alter, write upon, destroy, remove, tamper or interfere with, in any way, the effectiveness or accessibility of any real or personal property or equipment owned or under the jurisdiction of the Greater Hartford Transit District, Amtrak, bus carriers, Union Station Merchants, tenants or invitees of the Station.
- Enter or attempt to enter any area to which public access is limited or otherwise restricted by any means, including, but not limited to barricades, fencing, doors and signs, or enter or leave the Station or the trains or buses except by designated entrance ways or exits.
- Skateboard, roller skate, ride a bicycle, scooter, segue (Segway) or other self-propelled vehicle or device, other than by a physically disabled person, on or through any part of the Station.
- Cook, light a fire, or otherwise create a fire.
- Utilize strollers on ramps and elevators. Strollers should be folded and carried up or down staircases.
- Dispense commercial merchandise with or without charge, or carry on any other commercial activity, except pursuant to the terms of any lease or license agreement granted by the Greater Hartford Transit District.
- Offer or agree to carry bags for hire or flag taxicabs for hire.
Photography is welcome in the public areas of Union Station. However, the use of camera tripods and/or photography associated with the press or news media requires prior approval from the Greater Hartford Transit District.